I wanted a while back to find out how to remove the website url when people were leaving their comments at the bottom of any of my WordPress Pages and Posts where applicable feedback allows the conversation to continue, thereby allowing the comments to act as additional sources of information for you.
In WordPress, how to remove website url from comments
In the end for me, this required a code change to one of the underlying code files under the hood. So before making any changes like this, it is recommended to backup your website and WordPress files. I tend to be very careful, and tend to document my changes in case I have to revert back. You should too.
- WordPress Dashboard, Appearance, Editor
- Select the Theme Functions file (usually called functions.php)
- Then at the bottom of the file, add code similar to the following:
- Check and double check and triple check that your code is exactly the same as above.
- Click on the update file button to save these changes.
- Test the change to ensure you are happy with it.
- If not, either revert back to what the code was before or check again that the code is exactly the same. Then save the change, and test the change again. Repeat these steps until you are happy.
This approach worked for me with the WordPress Theme I used at the time of writing this. There is no guarantee that it will work for you.
A presentation showing how to create a website in under 30 seconds
Below is a how to article where the presenter goes through a process to create a website in under 30 seconds that is fully operational and is on the internet. It is pretty amazing what can be achieved with technology and the right know how. You are very close now to this technology and learning the right know how.
This is great for anyone, old or young, who is interested in learning how to create a website.
Prove to yourself how quick the process is. Enter a name for your free website in the space below and then press build it now.
I practice what I preach. This website is hosted here. It is using technology, advise and know-how learned here. Not all know-how though. I picked up other know-how from other sources as well. This is highly recommended for anyone who is interested in learning how to create a website, and have an operational website up on the internet.
Let me know if you have any related questions. Just ask them below. I would love to help. 🙂
I have changed my mind since implementing the idea of removing the website URL in the comments section. If someone goes to the effort of leaving a comment and includes a website URL and the comment is not spam, than it is only good manners to leave a comment on their website. 🙂